This pudding is easily adaptable to the ingredients you have at hand. You can use any type of biscuits (I have used the classic Marie biscuits), your favourite chocolate and whichever cream you have available. The pudding can be made a day ahead and can be decorated in a multitude of ways.
2 small tins of evaporated milk (159 ml. each)
2 sachets of cream caramel powder (you do not require the caramel here so you can easily purchase just the powder)
2 packets of Marie biscuits
1 170 gms. tin cream
4 packets of Tofiluk (You can substitute this with any chocolate on hand)
1 good quality chocolate like Galaxy or Twix (optional)
1 cup of chocolate milk (you can add cocoa powder or chocolate drinking powder to milk)
- Layer Marie biscuits dipped in chocolate milk in a serving dish (you can substitute fruit juice for milk if you like).
- Mix the evaporated milk and caramel powder together in a saucepan and keep the saucepan on low flame. Stir continuously till the mixture becomes thick.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the biscuits in a thin film till all have been covered. Quickly put another layer of biscuits dipped in milk and repeat the layers till the caramel mixture has been used (number of layers will depend on your serving dish size).
- Refrigerate for half an hour.
- While you wait for the pudding to refrigerate you can prepare the chocolate layer. Break chocolate into pieces. Blend together the cream with the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate and cream layer on top of the caramel and biscuits. Refrigerate again before serving. Decorate as desired with whipped cream, sprinkles, chocolate sauce, chocolate curls or shavings etc. Cut into squares for serving.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes to an hour
Servings: 8-10 people